Votum Sanguinis Top Image

Votum Sanguinis Top Image

Monday, August 30, 2010

More Beautiful Mexican Typography From Jose Guadalupe Posada - Dark Fonts

First, let me say that I despise grunge deteriorated typography in designs. The stains do not follow any typeface principles. If I have a choice I would prefer graffiti typography, a considered art crime for some, because at least I can say the artist is using ascender and descender lines in the glyphs.

Putting that rant away, my new commercial font that I call Posada Diablo was discovered in my typography research at the archives of the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Instituto de Investigaciones Filologicas, Centro de Estudios Literarios.

The typeface is very different from the Posada Normal font that I released recently as it was used for cover book illustrations, but the Mexican style is consistent. I don’t have idea of Posada’s intentions when he created the Posada Diablo typeface, but definitely it was not intended for children’s books. In addition, there was one more typeface he created for more conservative books such as Mexican revolutionary and history books. I intend soon to recreate this old Mexican font as part of my Posada font collection.

Because it was difficult to find good examples of Posada Diablo’s metrics typography, I used the kerning and spacing font metrics tables of the great Macromedia company. They are really precise and accurate without distortion.

Here is below the Posada Diablo font database. If you want to license this new commercial font, please contact me at darkvotum at gmail. Thanks for your considerations.

Posada Diablo Font Database

No comments: